Big corporations can afford to hire teams of in-house attorneys to handle their legal needs. As a small business or non-profit organization, you probably can't afford to have an attorney on your payroll full-time. But you still need to know what legal risks you're potentially facing, you still need to avoid expensive surprises, you really need everything to work within your budget, and you still need to have your legal questions answered (including the questions you didn't even know to ask).
- Know exactly who to turn to with all of your legal questions.
- Pursue your passion without worrying that what you don’t know will come back to bite you.
- Save time—you have a business to run that already takes more hours than you have in a day. When were you planning to become a practicing attorney too?
- Most small business disputes could have been avoided with preventative legal advice.
- Be able to honestly say, “Our attorney will handle this.”
All General Counsel Clients Get
Comprehensive Legal Audit
Operating Agreement or Corporate Bylaws
Business Contracts Review/Advice Before Signing
Preparing Standard Business Contracts*
Employment / Independent Contractor Agreements
Employment Policies and Handbooks
Trademark Search and Monitoring
Unlimited Consultations: Phone, Email, In-Person
Unlimited Legal Research
Plans and Pricing
Includes up to 15 Attorney Hours - a $4,125 value!
Flat Fee: $3,150
Save ~5% with an annual package!
or Initial Payment: $1,100 + $200/mo
GROWING SMALL BUSINESS
Includes up to 29 Attorney Hours - a $7,975 value!
Flat Fee: $5,975
Save ~10% with an annual package!
or Initial Payment: $2,200 + $400/mo
Includes up to 48 Attorney Hours - a $13,200 value!
Flat Fee: $10,000
Save ~15% with an annual package!
or Initial Payment: $3,925 + $725/mo
Need more? We can always add additional services on a flat-fee or hourly basis.
Non-Profit? View the Non-Profit Version.
Traditional Hourly Rates
Where flat fees don't make sense, the Firm works on the traditional retainer basis. For general business needs, the Firm requires a replenishing retainer of $2,000/$1,000. The Firm bills at the hourly rate of $275 per hour for all attorney time and $125 per hour for all paralegal/law clerk time. The Firm bills in tenths of an hour increments. The Firm may from time to time require a larger retainer or replenishment in anticipation of significant work that the Firm reasonably believes cannot be covered by the standard retainer amount.
The Fine Print:
- General Counsel fees are locked in for one year, unless, of course, you reach your hours cap. Each year, the Firm reserves the right to review your use of the Service and update your monthly or annual fee accordingly. We will always get your consent in writing prior to any fee changes.
- Third Party fees are additional and will be billed separately.
- Standard business contracts are typically no more than 10 pages and excludes commercial leases, property or business purchase agreements, franchise documents, investor offering documents, SaaS terms of service, and licensing agreements. If your business needs these more complex agreements, you should consider the Established Brand service level.
- Monthly clients may cancel at any time. Just let us know before your next scheduled payment runs.
- General Counsel Service does NOT include any litigation and dispute resolution (including the preparation of pleadings) or negotiations with third parties that may lead to litigation. Such services are generally billed hourly and Gmay require an additional retainer to ensure payment. If your primary concern is collections, then General Counsel Service is not appropriate for your business.
- All fees and services described on this site are for information purposes only and are subject to change at any time. Until we have both a signed Engagement Agreement and your initial payment, the Firm reserves the right to quote you a new or different fee for services based on the unique legal needs of your business or non-profit organization.